Did you know many people use their tax return money for a down payment on a new home? Some even qualify for FREE tax help, see below for more information:
Starting on Wednesday, February 1st, the AARP Foundation will provide free tax help and preparation for federal and state taxes for those of all ages with low to moderate incomes. Help will be available through April 15th without appointment at four locations on the southern Oregon coast and at a fifth location by appointment only. Those interested will need to bring photo identification, Social Security card for the taxpayer and each dependent claimed, 2015 tax returns and 2016 tax information.
Schedule for February 1st through April 15th:
* Bandon Senior Center, 1200 11th SW; Tuesday and Saturday, 9:30 to 11:30am.
* Brookings at the Chetco Activity Center, 550 Chetco Lane; Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 4pm. by appointment only by calling 541-469-6822.
* Florence at the Siuslaw Public Library, 1460 9th Street; Monday and Thursday, 9:30am to 2pm.
* Lakeside Lions Club, 890 Bowron Road; Thursday 10am to 1pm.
* North Bend at College Park Community Church, 2548 Newmark Avenue; Monday and Tuesday, 9am to 1pm., Friday and Saturday 10am to 1pm.
For more information, call 541-297-3722.